Registration now closed for Summer 2018!
Stay tuned for details for next year's program!
Our popular summer youth camp, CampNWMI, is back! Based on overwhelmingly positive feedback from the community, camp will be offered for two weeks again this summer for youth ages 3 to 14! Campers will participate in enjoyable age-appropriate activities that help nurture Islamic identity through fostering of peer relationships, daily prayer in congregation, and learning Islamic ethics in a way that youth like most: experiential fun!! Space is limited, so please reserve your spot today. The registration form can be found below.
- Dates: (Participants can sign up for one week or both)
- Session One: Monday, July 23 – Friday, July 27, 2018
- Session Two: Monday, July 30 – Friday, August 3, 2018
- Location: Bethesda, Maryland. (Same location as last year. As a precautionary measure, the exact address will be provided only to those registered, in a follow up registration confirmation email.)
- Camp hours: 9:00 am – 3:00 pm daily (full day for ages 3 to 14) 9:00 am - 12:00 pm daily (optional half day for ages 3 & 4)
- Early drop-off: Available at 8:15 am for an additional charge of $25 per child, per week.
- No After Care this year: due to low enrollment.
$285 for a one-week full day session per camper OR
$500 for a two-week full day session per camper OR
$175 for a one-week half-day session per camper OR
$300 for a two-week half-day session per camper.
A $35 sibling discount is available.
- Scholarships: A fee reduction is available based on need. To inquire, please contact Mona Eldadah, Camp Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NEW THIS YEAR for our youngest campers!
Many 3 and 4 year-olds want to join the action but still need a nap mid-day. A half-day option, at a reduced rate, is now available! Campers in this age-group enjoy circle time with Islamic themed finger plays and simple songs, daily crafts (cutting, gluing, painting, etc.), indoor free play (the Waldorf School where the camp is held is replete with natural playthings that stimulate creativity) and a daily snack is provided.
Campers in this age group who choose to stay the full day will have lunch and a visit as quiet observers at congregational prayer where they learn a bit about prayer etiquette through the modeling of the teachers and older camp participants. These nurturing experiences help strengthen Islamic identity and a sense of community that is so important for healthy development.
HIGHLIGHTS OF CAMP!
- Friday Field Day and Festival: Each week of camp will end with a celebratory day. Campers will come together outdoors to enjoy relays, carnival-style games, popcorn and snow cones!
- Camp-wide sports: Each day of camp ends with a communal time together on the playground, where siblings and friends can reunite through active play...water balloons included!
- Daily snacks: Though students will bring their own bagged lunch, at the end of each day a daily snack of either watermelon or popsicles will be offered.
- Before care: You asked and we listened! In order to support working parents, an early drop off option is offered -- more time for more fun!
CampNWMI is proud to offer our youth the opportunity to gain confidence, learn new skills, strengthen their Islamic identity, and make lasting memories. All are welcome but space is limited so register today!
Are you a young adult eager to impact the next generation of American Muslims?
Are you a parent wanting to lend a hand to make Camp NWMI better than ever?
Are you a teen needing to fulfill the Student Service Learning (SSL) requirement and looking for a meaningful way to get involved?
Then join us at CampNWMI! Volunteers are always welcome!
Please fill out the registration form below indicating your availability and preferences. We will find a fulfilling role for you!