CampNWMI registration now open!!
You asked and we listened! NWMI’s popular summer youth camp, formerly CampRamadan, is back! Based on overwhelmingly positive feedback from the community, camp will be offered for two weeks this summer for youth ages 3 to 16! Campers will participate in enjoyable age-appropriate activities that help nurture Islamic identity through fostering of peer relationships, daily prayer in congregation, and learning Islamic ethics in a way that youth like most: experiential fun!! Space is limited, so please reserve your spot today. The registration form can be found below.
- Dates: (Participants can sign up for one week or both)
- Session One: Monday, July 31 – Friday, August 4
- Session Two: Monday, August 7 – Friday, August 11
- Location: Bethesda, Maryland (As a precautionary measure, the exact address will be provided only to those registered, in a follow up registration confirmation email)
- Camp hours: 9:00 am – 3:00 pm daily.
- Early drop-off: Available at 8:15 am for an additional charge of $25 per child, per week.
- Aftercare available: New!! From 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm in a mixed-aged classroom, the designated aftercare teachers will provide supplies and instruction for daily projects. Snacks will be provided. An additional charge of $100 per camper per week or a drop-in rate of $25 per camper per day.
- Fee: $285 per camper for each one-week session. A $35 sibling discount is available.
- Scholarships: A fee reduction is available based on need. To inquire please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
New this year!
- Before and after care: You asked and we listened! In order to support working parents, both before and after care are offered this year for the first time-- more time for more fun!
- Friday Field Day and Festival: Each week of camp will end with a celebratory day. Campers will come together outdoors to enjoy relays, carnival-style games, popcorn and snow cones!
- Camp-wide sports: Each day of camp ends with a communal time together on the playground, where siblings and friends can reunite through active play...water balloons included!
- Daily snacks: Though students will bring their own bagged lunch, at the end of each day a daily snack of either watermelon or popsicles will be offered.
- Archery: Campers ages 10 to 14 have the unique opportunity to learn this time-honored skill that teaches patience, strength, and focus.
- Teen leadership program: The oldest class (campers ages 14-16) will enjoy an impressive program led by subject matter experts on topics such as communication, civic engagement, and advocacy. They will also benefit from teach-in type discussions around various social justice issues such as Black Lives Matter and race; immigration, deportations and the Latino community; and Islamophobia and the Muslim Ban. Final program details will be announced soon, but be sure-- this is a program the leaders of tomorrow will be enthusiastic about!
CampNWMI is proud to offer our youth the opportunity to gain confidence, learn new skills, strengthen their Islamic identity, and make lasting memories. All are welcome but space is limited so register today!