NWMI is seeking Event Leads to support NWMI programming. Event Leads are responsible for program implementation at our events. The ideal candidate(s) will have exceptional organizational and management skills. S/he must have a passion for helping others and excellent interpersonal skills, an approachable demeanor, and will enjoy having direct contact with volunteers and community members.
- Coordinate with ED and Program Coordinator to plan and implement NWMI programming;
- Oversee all program preparations in collaboration with ED and Program Coordinator, including completion of all program checklist items
- Attend the program and be the on-site event manager to coordinate with volunteers and trouble-shoot during the event.
- Gather supplies for the event and return them to NWMI's storage space after the event
- Submit post-event summary form
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Computer literate (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Email, Google Docs, and Internet).
- Ability to manage multiple needs during programs.
- A consummate team player with a flexible and creative approach
- Experience in professional volunteer management, public relations, special events and networking is a plus.
This volunteer position requires the Event Lead to attend the specific program and be on site for set-up and clean up.
The Event Lead will need to attend 1-3 meetings (generally via conference calls) to coordinate the event needs.
Event Leads will need to attend a one-time training session to learn about NWMI and general program needs.
Reports to: Executive Director