NWMI is a completely volunteer-run organization comprised of passionate individuals seeking to make a difference in the American Muslim community. NWMI offers a variety of programs of varying scope, each with its own set of expenses. These expenses include but are not limited to:
- Hotel, community center, or other facility rentals
- Equipment rentals (e.g., moon bounces and photo booths for Eid)
- Food and related costs including delivery services and consumables
- Fees we pay for teachers or speakers (e.g., calligraphy classes, workshops)
- Fees we pay to run children’s programs
- Fees we pay for entry or admissions (e.g., snow tubing, camping)
NWMI believes that its programs should be available to everyone regardless of their ability to pay. So how does NWMI make ends meet? For many programs, we simply ask for donations on-site. For some programs, we ask participants to pay what they can. For larger programs with fixed costs, we sometimes charge a fee for participation, but we always offer scholarships to those who request them. However, despite the modest revenue we receive from some programs, NWMI continues to rely on generous donations from supportive individuals to pay our remaining expenses. By keeping our overhead costs low, we can ensure that nearly all donations go toward program expenses.
NWMI is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, and all donations are 100% tax-deductible.