NWMI is seeking an Outreach Coordinator to recruit, engage, and manage NWMI volunteers. The ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills, an approachable demeanor and will enjoy having direct contact with the community. She or he must have a commitment to promoting diversity and have a passion for helping others.
- Identifies potential volunteers, reaches out to them, and matches them with NWMI’s needs and opportunities
- Maintains a volunteer database.
- Maintains and implements volunteer training.
- Sets up and attends regular volunteer meetings. These meetings may vary between in-person and virtual meetings.
- Develops relationships with community members to better understand how they would like to get involved with NWMI.
- Willing to support the work of NWMI, its mission, vision and values.
- Enjoys working with a variety of people.
- Understands how to connect people to their passion.
- Results-oriented and dynamic individual with demonstrated relationship building skills.
- Experience with Google Docs.
- Able to work independently and strongly self-motivated
- Superb command of the English language (both written and oral)
- Affinity for working in a small non-profit, charitable environment
Flexible hours; up to 5 hours per week.